Still waiting…

Thank you everyone who is praying for us, it is working…

For those of you who don’t know all the details, we took B Monday night to a psychiatric treatment center. He started the night off good, but after his shower, he “fell” down the stairs, intentionally. On his way down, he knocked A out of the way, and fortunately she didn’t fall, just hit the wall and bruised her finger. After that, he became very aggressive, hitting, kicking, saying hateful things. At one point, he did calm down, and was saying that he did not like feeling that way, and did not want to really hurt us, but felt like someone else was making him do and say these things. We tried to get him upstairs to his room, but he became agitated again and had to be carried upstairs. He was very angry at that, and could not be calmed down at that point. We made the decision to call the hospital, they had a bed available, and recommended bringing him in based on the behaviors we were describing. He did not want to go. When Donovan left to take the other two children to a friend’s so we could take B to the hospital, he was adamant that he was not going. We, I say we it was actually Donovan, carried him out of his room, down the stairs, and to the car. B was not happy. He fought all the way, threatening us and himself, throwing things in the car. He finally calmed down, but when we got to the hospital, he got wound back up, and had to be carried in and restrained. They finally got him to calm down, thankfully without having to give him anything. He has been there since then. He will be in the hospital until early in the week at least. The psychiatrist has ordered psychological testing, which should be done today or tomorrow (we were hoping for sooner, but there were insurance problems). Right now I’m praying that we will get results before he is discharged. Thus far there have not been any medication changes, and the diagnosis is still Mood Disorder NOS and Anxiety Disorder NOS. We are praying that the psych testing will reveal a more specific diagnosis, which will give us a better idea of where to go with treatment. He has had one episode there at the hospital, which has not happened with any of his prior hospitalizations. This gives them a more clear picture of what his symptoms and behaviors are, and that will help to determine a better diagnosis and treatment plan. Again, right now, we are just in a holding pattern, trying to figure out which way to go with this, and what will help him the most.

D & A are doing OK with all this. They are worried about B of course. A is upset because being 9 years old, she cannot go onto the unit with B to visit him, and he cannot come outside yet. Yesterday she got to see him through the window and wave, blow kisses, and tell him she loves him in sign language. That made her feel better. We are trying to keep things as normal as possible for them, and thanks to all our wonderful friends for helping us to do that! I don’t know how we would be getting through this without you all!

Just keep praying, it is all in God’s hands, and He will get us through this and use it for good according to His will…

Thank you again for your prayers and well wishes.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s